Have you ever wondered about all the things that happen at Southmead’s Greenway Centre: the building saved by the community for the community and now home to an array of activities, groups, support and services for residents? Would you like to find out more about what is on offer? Would you like to be involved in something new?
Join us for a community open evening on Wednesday 27th September, from 6 – 8pm. The teams here at the Southmead Development Trust, which operates Greenway and The Ranch, will be setting up stalls with lots of information about what we do, what is happening, and opportunities to get involved. There will also be a clothes and books swap, and some snacks and drinks to tuck in to!
An important part of the evening will be to have your say in the Community Climate Action Plan for Southmead and the Southmead Yearly Update. You may have seen us pop-up on Arnside recently, or at a daytime community group. But we have planned this event as we know many residents are not available in the daytime: we would love you to come and share your hopes, ideas and priorities for Southmead during this special evening. We have heard some really interesting ideas so far and we would love to hear more!
We will also be discussing the possibility of some new trees for the streets in Southmead. We know trees are important to our community so if you fancy chatting ‘street trees’ do come along.
Teams who would love to share their work and info with everyone include:
- Greenway Care Connect (our not-for-profit care agency)
- Greenway Gym (the community’s centre for fitness classes, exercise, and specialist health support)
- Social Prescribing for Adults (support to help people get their life back to how they like it)
- Social Prescribing for Children and Young People (with our Link Forward team)
- Glencoyne Square Community Led Housing (187 new homes for Southmead)
- Personal Health and Wellbeing Coaching (with our specialist coach)
- Volunteering opportunities (how to find a fulfilling role with us)
We look forward to seeing you there!
For more info contact us:
- email: email@example.com
- tel: 0117 950 3335