The rising cost of living is affecting a huge number of people in our city, as the price of fuel, food and other essentials continue to increase. Many people will be thinking about how they can make their homes more energy and cost efficient in the long term.
The Bright Green Homes scheme allows eligible households to receive up to £25,000 of funding to install a range of energy saving technologies through the government’s Home Upgrade Grant. New home improvements range from loft and cavity wall insulation to solar panels and air source heat pumps.
To be eligible for funding, households must:
• not use gas central heating. The scheme is only open to households who use oil, coal, LPG or electric heating systems
• have a combined gross annual household income under £30,000 per year
• have a valid Energy Performance Certificate with a rating of D, E, F, or G
• live in Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset or North Somerset Council areas
• be the owner, landlord or private rented tenant of the property
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please complete the online questionnaire.
If you have any questions about the scheme, please contact the Energy Service Bristol team on 0117 352 1180 or email email@example.com.
For advice and guidance on cost of living, visit our new cost of living support hub on the Bristol City Council website.